Lotus flower

Lotus flower
Lotus Flower

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grow. Rise. Flourish.

A lotus flower rises above muddy water and flourishes. At night the flower closes and sinks under water, only to rise again and open at dawn.

With its simple beauty and innate wisdom, the lotus inspires us to grow among obstacles. It shows us that we can rise above the muddy waters of our lives and remain pure, beautiful and untainted by what we overcame. It teaches us to flourish.

I myself was almost defeated by the muddy waters of my life. My childhood was marked by every form of abuse. As a consequence, I spent my teens suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), terrible self-esteem, self-mutilation, and at times, no will to live.

It was during the darkest night my soul - my teens - that I sought professional and spiritual counsel. By Divine grace, I received the psychological support I needed to establish a foundation for healing that would become part of my life’s journey.

The counselling helped me to face and accept what happened to me without shame or guilt. Most importantly, it showed me what I was really made of: strength, wisdom and purity, and the power to rise above the traumas of my early life.

In my twenties, I have enjoyed exploring various mind-body-spirit healing practices that have helped me continue to flourish. I have learned to forgive and release that which was painful but showed me my strength, and embrace and express all the goodness, love and joy that has always been within me.

I now invite you to join me as I share with you healing rituals and practices that have helped me on my journey. Let us go within like the lotus flower to rest, reflect and replenish. And let us rise again each day, allowing our inner light to shine and inspire as we flourish.

2 comments:

  1. its 2017 now, and this blog is helping me, thank you very much for your work here.. <3 peace to you <3

    ReplyDelete